Fish may not be to everyone’s liking, but it really depends on how you cook it. Sometimes I feel I got to be in the mood to eat fish, the same applies to sushi, its not something I can eat randomly. Its like I gotta prepare my mind for it, hah weird I know but that’s just me. What I love about fish is how light it is and how its so HEALTHY for you with many benefits!!!
Eating fish can provide an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that benefit your general health. At least two servings of fish per week to help prevent heart disease, lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Annnnnnnnnddddd its high in protein content and low in fat! Perfect for those who are working out hard, protein helps to build muscles! Fried fish does not count !!
If you loved fish fingers when you were a kid, then you will love the grown up grilled healthy version of this. It doesn’t need a lot of time to cook and sooooo easy to do.
2 cups of kaak breadcrumbs (I used moulin d’or kaak breadcrumbs) or any good very fine dried breadcrumbs
sea salt & black pepper
4 or 5 Bar fillet strips (known in Lebanon) or Cod fish fillet (as known as in London)
1.First wash the fish fillet with water and clean with lemon juice then pat the fish try with towel paper.
2. On a chopping board, cut the whole fish fillet into steak strips or you can ask the fishmonger to cut them for you.
3. In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and add a little sea salt and pepper, but not too much as we will also add it in the breadcrumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, pour in about 2 or 3 cups of dried bread crumbs, add in some sea salt and black pepper.
5. Cover the wire rack with foil paper. Then dip the fish strips one by one into the whisked egg bowl and then dip into the breadcrumbs bowl and make sure the fish is fully covered.
6. Place them onto the foiled wire rack and drizzle olive oil on top of each fillet strips then place under the grill until the bread crumbs has turned golden brown, take the rack out, flip the fillet to cook the other side and place back until the grill until its golden brown. This should take around half an hour in all.
Serve with rosemary over baked potatoes, avocado salad, and tahina. Sa7tein and enjoy 🙂
Leave a comment if you want to know how to cook the rosemary potatoes or tahina and I’ll get back to you